in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

  Turton Memorial Hall Management Committee (“VHC”)

Minutes of Meeting
Village Hall Maplebeck
13th September 2011

Present:    Derek Sayer; Julie Grundy; Brendan Carson; Jane Kinnear; Richard Kinnear; Tony Turton; Tom Chamberlain; Bob Gardner.
Apologies: Mark Hopcroft; Sue Carson.

 

 

Action

1.

Minutes of & Matters Arising from Meeting on 21st June 2011:-

Minutes – The minutes as circulated were approved.

Matters Arising -

  • Clock repairs – It was noted that repairs were underway. RK would chase up.
  • The letter from HSBC had been considered and appears designed to apply to commercial concerns. As the only assets the Village Hall has are the funds lodged with the HSBC, and there are no liabilities, it was agreed to leave the matter for the moment.

 

 

 

 

RK

  

2.

Treasurer’s Report:-

JK circulated the current balances on the accounts. It was noted that the Village Fete had raised some £875 which had been split equally between the Village Hall and the church.

The following were noted / agreed:-

  • It had previously been agreed that proceeds from the Christmas concert would be shared equally between the Village Hall, the Church and a children’s’ charity in Soweto. A way of remitting funds to the charity would be explored.
  • Project Account:-
    • £50 had been raised by Wendy Combellack from egg sales.
    • The Sustainability Consultant’s bill for £750 was approved for payment, to be covered by donations already received.
    • DVS requested that a full reconciliation of the project account be prepared.

 

 

 

 

 

JK

 

 

 

JK

3.

Building Development:-

DVS updated the meeting on progress:-

  • Stage 1 of the application to the Big Lottery had been approved.
  • Stage 2 is being progressed with the project / funding sub-committee with a view to submitting the application by end October i.e. ahead of the 3rd November deadline.
  • A number of actions are required prior to submission and a checklist was circulated at the meeting resulting in the following agreed allocation of responsibilities in respect of Policies / Procedures:-
    • Equal Opportunities
    • Environmental
    • Vulnerable Persons
    • Health & Safety
    • Risk Assessment

DVS also informed the meeting that he would circulate the Stage 2 application to the VHC for comments prior to submission to the Big Lottery.

JK requested that consideration be given to finding someone else specifically to manage the Project Account as this would require considerable time in future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG
BG
JG
DVS
TT

DVS / ALL

 

DVS

4.

Events:-
 It was noted that :-

  • The Quiz Night & Supper had been very popular and successful and had drawn in a number of different attendees. It was agreed that future quizzes would be limited to five rounds of questions.
  • The Village Fete had proved successful with takings much as expected despite attendance numbers below normal levels.

The programme of events for the year was reviewed and the following noted:-

  • Harvest Supper on 25th September. Church Service at 6:00, Supper at 7:00. It was agreed that
    • Admission would be £1.
    • Food to be provided by the community
    • Fire to be lit
    • Tables laid out
    • Posters x 4
    • Raffle prizes (inc Choc’s for kids)
  • Village Talks:-
    • JG will deliver a talk on Breast Cancer in January.
    • TT to provide a subject in due course.
    • Other suggestions for TC to follow up on:
      • Peter Littlewood on farming
      • BC on life in the RAF
      • JK an auctioneers practice.
  • Village Ventures
    • BJ Cole & Emily Burridge – DVS encouraged everyone to communicate this event to friends. Advanced ticket sales were at the low end of expectations.
    • Film Club – DVS will circulate the programme shortly as the selection has been made. Shows are scheduled for 25th October and 6th December.
  • Other Events
    • A dance would be held on Saturday 4th February from 8:00 – 11:00. Alternative formats and performers would be explored given a budget of c.£300.
    • Queens Jubilee – it was agreed that
      • A meeting would be held on 1st November to discuss arrangements
      • The broader community would be invited to attend
        • Villages to be canvassed
        • A poster advertising the open meeting would be prepared

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RK
JK
RK
BC/DS
JK
RK

 

 

TC

 

 

ALL

 

DVS

 

BC

 

RK/BC
TC

5.

Village Website:-
It was agreed that the following would be posted to the site

  • Minutes of this meeting.
  • A comprehensive programme of events from now to end March which would also be printed and circulated.

 

JK
TC

6.

A.O.B.
 
There was no other business.

 

7.

Next Meeting:-

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 22nd November 2011 at 7:30pm in the Village Hall

 

ALL

BG 3/10/11


  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018