in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

Village Hall Maplebeck, Management Committee (“VHC”)

 

Minutes of Meeting
Village Hall Maplebeck
17th June 2014

Present:    Derek Sayer; Jenny Bladon; Allen Bladon; Julie Grundy; Jane Kinnear; Bob Gardner; Sue & Brendan Carson, .
Apologies:    
None

 

 

Action

1.

Minutes of the Meeting on 13th&18th May :-

The minutes were approved as circulated.

 

2.

Matters arising:-

  • JB suggested an aggressive plan of action in terms of fund raising. We also need to encourage usage from people out of the area.  BG stated that we should focus more on the usage of the village hall as this was what the funders would expect and less on making money.
  • JB asked how much we had made in the past per year. BG said normally £3000 in income per year which after costs yielded an annual surplus of about £500.. The village fete has historically been the biggest fund raising event.
  • Discussion regarding charges and terms and conditions of hall usage, need to review the letting agreement which JK will bring to the next meeting. Comparisons should be made with other local competing venues.
  • JB stated that she would like to thank JK and DS for their recent hard work in relation to the internal décor of the village hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JK

 

 

3.

Treasurers report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account as at 9th June 2014. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 9th June were
    • Current £531.36
    • Deposit £553.91
    • Project £17,077.21
  • Since the January meeting the principal movements were:-
    • Current account – no receipts, one payment £32.18 to E.on.
    • Deposit account- interest received £0.10
    • Project Account
    •  Receipts £26,750.00

£26.300 from BIG, our 7th capital claim in respect of April activity (10,600) and our 8th claim in respect of May (£15,700).
Donations from the community £450.00

    • Payments £23,457

All remaining payments were to the main contractor and mostly related to materials and labour for first fit plastering, electrical, plumbing and internal painting.

Project Funding
We continue to work towards our target of £15,000 for this round of funding. In the last 6 weeks, however we have had no further new donations from the community.
To date we have received and banked £3,450. i.e. included in the above project account balance. We still have a small number of unquantified commitments yet to be collected.
For the first time BIG, following the submission of the latest claim, questioned us on our ability to raise sufficient funds to complete the project. So all ideas re funding raising were still required

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All

4.

Building Development:-

    • DS said we would probably not be able to have all the fittings or equipment we wanted in the village hall to start with due to the funding short fall.
    • DS/BG were looking into getting funds earlier from existing funders in order to improve cash flow.
    • BC had approached a local politician regarding financial support for the project but told very little funding available at the moment.
    • Windows, the original suppliers are now on track to complete the windows during August.
    • Plumbing and decorating started.
    • Ramp in progress.

 

5.

Plan of Action:- (Hall usage)

  • AB to review ACRE documents.
  • Need to produce a commitments document.
  • JB to arrange a series of talks.
  • JG to talk to Maxeys farm shop.
  • Programme of activity to be developed. All to come up with ideas for future events. OCT/NOV.
  • JK suggested 'taster sessions'.

 

AB

JB
JG

ALL 

 

6.

Village Ventures:-

  • Successful bid for production. Free Range Theatre Company 29/01/15.  Spoon Faced Steinburg. Cost £ 312, need to sell about 35 tickets to break even.

 

 

ALL

 

AB/DS

6.

AOB:-

  • JK asked how many people we could safely have in the Village hall. It was possible to sit about 70. Confirmation would be sought from the fire officer.
  • Burns night was suggested with Charlie’s Aunt.
  • Christmas party after the Carol service as usual.
  • JK asked about a notice board for the village hall, DS to bring brochures.
  • Village hall name, JK suggested The Village Hall - Maplebeck.

 

 

BC

 

DS

7.

Next Meeting:-
The next meeting will be held at the beehive pub on the 5th August 2014 at 7:30pm.

 

ALL

 

Posted 28/07/2014

  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018