in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

Village Hall Maplebeck, Management Committee (“VHC”)

 

Minutes of Meeting
Village Hall Maplebeck
13th May 2014

Present:    Derek Sayer; Jenny Bladon; Allen Bladon; Julie Grundy; Jane Kinnear; Bob Gardner; Sue & Brendan Carson, Julie Grundy.
Apologies:    
Tony Turton

 

 

Action

1.

Minutes of the Meeting on 1st April 2014 :-

The minutes were approved as circulated.

 

2.

Matters arising:-
BG requested clarification regarding Trustees, which was provided.
Door to door survey results would be circulated

 

 

DS
DS

3.

Village Ventures:-

  • A bid had been made for one event. Three choices had to be offered.

 

 

4.

Treasurer’s Report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account as at 28th April 2014. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 28th April were
    • Current £563.54
    • Deposit £553.81
    • Project £13.784.18
  • Since the January meeting the principal movements were:-
    • Current account – no change
    • Deposit account- no Change
    • Project Account
    •  Receipts of £25,850 from BIG, our 6th claim.
    • Donations from the community £750.00
    • Payments of £28,611.39 were made out of the account to our main contractor relating to the roof, first fix joinery and electrics and a down-payment for windows.

 

4.

Building Development:-

  • BIG were due to visit site as part of their mid construction review.
  • Architect pleased with progress at her visit
  • BIG aware that there have been delays
  • Windows have been one of the main issues
  • Funding shortfall – BC and BG to review this and cash flow.
  • DS has applied to a scheme to encourage British films, expected to hear back in June
  • BC suggested approaching Waitrose/Curry’s to ask for funding for equipment.
  • DS encouraged us all to think about approaching possible sources of funding
  • Concerns were raised regarding some of the internal decor

 

 

 

BC/BG
DS

 

BC

ALL

 

5.

Plan of Action:- (hall usage)

  • BG/DS have spoken to Tim Horrocks regarding promotion of the village hall, DS/RG/AB to have further meeting with Tim
  • We should be considering a launch events
  • We should have a program of well, planned events for the first six months
  • AB/DS to discuss home workers forum and mentoring
  • We need to think about who we would like to invite to the launch, target users, how we advertise etc.
  • JK- asked if we planned to have one formal launch event
  • DS-suggested a series of events-info stalls
  • Aim to get one event per month
  • JK- should we look to put up prices?
  • AB to review current policy documents
  • JB-limited number of people in the area so we should look at broadening our area
  • JK- asked about internet. The hall would have a phone socket but a decision in respect of a broadband contract would need to await demand.
  • SC- asked about a booking system for the hall, BG to look at google calendar, current website
  • Hiring contract- can we offer different rates for locals?

 

 

ALL

 

AB/DS

6.

AOB:-
Insurance Broker is running a photo competition for rural photos. AG to be asked to submit some of her images. BC/SC also interested
A further meeting regarding internal décor will be held on the 18th May 2014 at 11am at DS house

 

JG

 

ALL

7.

Next Meeting:-
The next meeting will be held at the beehive pub on the 17th June 2014 at 7:30pm

 

 

 Posted 28/07/2014


  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018