in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

Village Hall in Maplebeck Management Committee (“VHC”)

Minutes of Meeting
Beehive Public House Maplebeck
20 April 2015

Present:   Allen Bladon; (AB) (chair) Bob Gardner; (BG) Brendon Carson; (BC) Sue Carson (SC); Tom Chamberlain; (TC) Jenny Bladon; (JB) (minutes)

Apologies:   Derek Sayer; (DS); Jane Kinnear; (JK)

 

 

Action

1.

Minutes of the Meeting on 17 March 2015:-

The minutes were approved as circulated with a minor amendment to item 2:  BG to contact Sarah who lives in Winkburn – add “when the hall is finished”

 

2.

Matters Arising:-

  • TC has had no response from Kirklington School, item to be deleted in lieu of TCs departure from the village
  • DS to order new chairs in colours as agreed by committee
  • Superfast broadband – AB reported the aerial had not yet been erected in Kneesall; enquiries still ongoing
  • SC to confirm date of village fete with Eve Knight Jones

 

 

DS
AB

SC

3.

Treasurers report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG had circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account from 15 Mar 2015 to 13 April 2015, details of receipts and details of expenditure. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 13 April 2015 were
    • Current £65.17
    • Deposit £0.03
    • Project £7,996.69
  • During the past month the principal movements were:-
    • Current account –Expenditure £107.27 - payment for insurance cover (part year)
    • Project Account receipts £250 community donation;  payments £12,138.60 final payment for railings and sundry labour

BG reported that last year’s accounts had now been audited; the signed accounts were duly circulated and approved by the committee. BG to ask JK to put on website.
DS had applied to two further organisations for funding, copy of accounts were requested and been supplied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

4.

Building Development:-
BG reported that:

  •  Plumbing works were now complete except for a vanity unit to be installed in the disabled toilet (for when it doubles as dressing room for visiting artistes)
  • Kitchen has been completed including the safety shutter between the kitchen and the main hall.
  • The large storage cupboards in the main hall are almost finished, push buttons to be fitted and painting completed
  • Final flooring in the main hall to be laid on 27 April; induction hearing to be fitted same day
  • Steps to be installed on 27 April – a cheaper solution had been sourced which still complied with the necessary regulations
  • Remaining odd jobs such as loose/missing roof tile estimated to take 2/3 man days of work to complete.

Building control now need to sign off the building and a preliminary visit is due to take place on 24 April. DS to be present with the architect. Once all is in order we can apply to BIG lottery for final release of funds.

Draft proforma on “How to use the village hall” prepared by DS approved by the committee.

 

5.

First six months activity programme

  • Hall to be used as polling station on 7 May
  • DS and BC attended Village Venture presentation on 30 March we need to bid for activities by 1 May. We will be bidding for a musical performance a children’s event and a play.
  • A children’s party has been booked for 10 May
  • BG reported that, because of high demand, it is likely that two yoga classes will be run on Friday mornings.
  • BG has heard of someone who may want to run meditation classes, they may contact him at some stage.
  • SC concerned that hall is clean and in ready state before first booking. DS intends doing a sweep to check on what may be required. SC to accompany him

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DS/SC

6.

AOB

  • As this was TCs last meeting before leaving the village on behalf of the committee AB thanked him for his contribution and support over the years and wished him good luck in his new home.
  • BC reported that all members of the committee needed to be conversant with fire safety procedures and to this end he will be arranging training sessions for everyone.
  • The offer of the piano from TC was discussed; concerns were raised that the floor would be marked if it was moved – even if it was on castors – BG to check with flooring contractors.  AB to keep in touch with TC
  • BC stated we needed a form for hirers of the hall to sign – AB stated that he had already supplied DS with a draft. BC to speak to DS

 

 

 

 

BC

 

BG/AB

 

 BC

7

Next Meeting:- Date of next meeting 26 May 2015
7:30pm - The village hall. Claudine to be thanked for her hospitality during the building process

DS

J Bladon
Posted 22 April 2015

  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018