in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

  The Village Hall in Maplebeck. Management Committee (“VHC”)

 

Minutes of Meeting
The Village Hall in Maplebeck
2 December 2015

Present:   Derek Sayer (DS) (chair); Allen Bladon; (AB); Jane

Kinnear; (JK); Jenny Bladon; (JB) (minutes) ); Julie Grundy (JG)  Brendan Carson; (BC) Sue Carson (SC); Bob Gardner; (BG);

Apologies:   Amy Thompson (AT)

 

 

Action

 

AB stated that he wished to resign from the committee with immediate effect. DS thanked him on behalf of the committee for his help and support during his time on the committee.  The committee were asked to think about a possible replacement and to forward names of suitable candidates to DS

 

All

 

2.

Minutes of the Meeting on 13 October 2015:-

The minutes were approved as circulated

 

 

 

3.

Matters Arising:-

It was agreed to prepare a small display with each committee members photograph for display on notice board in the hall. JG volunteered to prepare this – All members to let her have a passport size photo for this purpose

BG reported he had run into difficulties preparing the attendance monitoring information required for our sponsors because of lack of information from group organisers. He reminded everyone what was required. Figures he has been able to collect so far highlight the fact that there is very little usage of the hall by Winkburn residents. A plan is to be devised to try and address this issue.  There were also many more women than men using the hall.  In terms of the business plan we have achieved 1200 visits to the hall in 7 months against our first year target of 1500 in 12 months. All target groups are being met except Winkburn residents.
BG to leave a supply of blank attendance forms in hall  

The rates appeal would not be chased up

The RHI application approval for the biomass boiler has now been received. The agreed rate was 4.18p/kWh heat.

Harry Grundy requires approx. two weeks to complete the first draft of the residents’ database. It will be circulated for comment

Spare key for the folding doors now kept in hall cupboard.

SC reported cleaning issues appear to be sorted

 

 

All

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

4.

Treasurers report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG had circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account from 30 October 2015 to 30 November 2015, details of receipts and details of expenditure. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 30 November 2015 were
    • Current £1,469
    • Deposit £0.03
    • Project £4,813.86

Current account receipts of £885.75 included revenue from recent events held in the hall. Expenses of £1,070.45 included costs for emptying the sewage tank and licences required for various events
Project account receipts included a grant of £5,000 from the J.N. Derbyshire Trust whilst expenses included £528 for a water boiler and a loan repayment of £2,500
The hall insurance was due in January DS obtaining quotes in an effort to obtain a cheaper quote than that provided by our current insurer.
BG reported that the donor who had loaned £15,000 for the project had decided to convert £10,000 of this to a donation leaving us with £5,000 to be repaid. Half of this outstanding amount had been repaid this month. The committee expressed their sincere thanks for this kind gesture.
As previously reported all project funds have to be spent on the project. A hot cupboard had therefore been purchased and it was intended to spend a further £3,200 on staging.
There was no news of the outstanding application to the Jones Trust Community Fund

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.

Faults Actions

Schedule produced by DS and presented to the meeting accepted.

The meeting reported a crack which had appeared in the kitchen wall, and the issue of the door blowing open was raised. DS reported he was already aware of this and this will be looked at by Ideal Combi when they return on 9/12 to replace the lock.
The hot water boiler was declared a success however it was agreed that a drip tray was necessary. DS to purchase

 

 

 

 

DS

6

Programme of events

December
1st        Talk – Introduction to Classical Music
11th      children’s activity – decorating tree
12th      children’s activity – craft morning
13th      Carol service
17th      Children’s party – private hire
22nd     Carol singing around village
30th       Children’s party – private hire

2016
January
7th        Film Club – Long Walk to Freedom
Mid-January (date TBA) children’s film show
19th      Talk on bats
February
9th      Film Club – Two Days One Night
19th   Children’s show (Village Ventures)
March
11th   Musical evening (Village Ventures)

Committee members were encouraged to continue the process of implementing the other planned activities – Film shows to take place every 4/6 weeks; Talks every 2 months:
BC reported that Des Cashel and Mark Hopcroft had suggested holding two wine tasting events on Saturday evenings in the first half of the New Year which they would organise. BC to provide further information as it becomes available

 

 

 

 

7

AOB

AB reported that the audio/visual equipment was not proving user friendly for visiting speakers who were bringing their own computers. They needed to set up their equipment at the front of the hall. A solution could be to extend the wiring from the back to the front of the hall, or to transfer data to a USB stick which could then be inserted in the hall equipment; neither of which is ideal. DS to enquire whether remote access is possible.
SC and BC have purchased an artificial tree for the hall; It was agreed to purchase a 10/12 ft. tree for outside BC to make enquiries from suppliers. DS to talk to Phil Grundy about making a stand for this tree.
JK volunteered to organize a poppy making event for children where they could make metal poppies. Agreement in principle given; JK to do more research and come back with a plan.
JB asked whether there was a way to access the email list when DS was absent. DS happy to share info but had been unable to find a way to do it. AB undertook to investigate
SC reported a new mop had been purchased specifically for cleaning toilet floors. This was to be clearly labelled so it was not used for general purposes.

 

 

DS

 

 

 

BC
DS

JK

 

AB

 

BC/DS

 

 

J Bladon

Next Meeting:-

Wednesday 13 January 2016 - 7.30pm in the Village Hall

 

 

 

 

Posted 7/12/2015


  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018