in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

Village Hall in Maplebeck
Management Committee (“VHC”)

Minutes of Meeting
The Village Hall Maplebeck
31 July 2015

Present:   Allen Bladon; (AB) (chair); Derek Sayer (DS); Brendon Carson; (BC) Sue Carson (SC); Jane Kinnear; (JK); Ami Thompson (AT);  Jenny Bladon; (JB) (minutes)

Apologies:   Bob Gardner; (BG); Julie Grundy (JG)
Ami Thompson was welcomed to her first meeting.

 

 

Action

2.

The minutes were approved as circulated with  minor amendment  to item 11  (Village Fete Actions)  - name amended to Knight-Jones.

 

 

3.

Matters Arising:-

  • SC to contact Sue Hopcroft for update on progress with organization of children’s programme of events.
  • Monthly soup and sandwich club to be called the “Monday Club” AB to produce flyer to be sent to AT and BC for distribution in all three villages so that all villagers can be made aware of this and invited to come along.
  • DS to send a global email to all about the supply of Maplebeck stone currently in Richard Harvey’s yard once JK has taken what she wants.
  • Letters still awaited from landlord to accompany claims for FIT (PV income) and Renewable Heat Incentive applications. DS to pursue.

 

 

SC

AB

 

DS

DS

4.

Review of Rules and Regulations

It was agreed that all policies needed are in place and all legal requirements met. However JK pointed out that current rules stipulate they are reviewed annually. AB and JK to review separately and report back to a future meeting

 

 

AB/JK

 

5.

Treasurers report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG had circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account from 22 June 2015 to 21 July 2015, details of receipts and details of expenditure. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 21 July 2015 were
    • Current £830.30
    • Deposit £0.03
    • Project £15,779.59
  • During the past month the principal movements were:-
    • Current account –Income of £1,205 for hire of hall for Yoga and 100% of takings from Village Fete: Expenditure of £631.44 50% of village fete takings to St Radegunds PCC and payments to Severn Trent and E.on
    • Project Account –  Receipts £15,000 from Nott’s CC. Payments: £1,188.56 for tables; £901.50 deposit on curtains and blinds; £300 for RHI meter and £1,264.22 for sundry materials and labour

The meeting endorsed recommendations of payment from the remaining monies of outstanding architect’s fees; balance of payment for curtains and blinds; installation of an induction loop; audio visual equipment and one of the loan repayments.
This will leave the staging to be purchased and repayment of other loans from fundraising activities.

 

 

 

 

 

6.

Car Parking

JK reported that this had been an issue whilst she was at a yoga session; A large farm vehicle was unable/unwilling to navigate through cars belonging to village hall users which had been parked on each side of the road outside the hall. Whilst it was agreed this should be a matter of common sense, it was agreed that the responsible person organising any event taking place in the hall should be aware of the potential problems and encourage users to park sensibly and with consideration for road users. BC pointed out that the green was always available for overspill parking

 

 

 

All

 

 

7.

Reporting of Faults

Several minor faults were reported to the meeting: -

  • The handle on the disabled toilet was not working
  • The front door lock was very difficult to turn
  • A double bank of electrical sockets in the kitchen appeared not to be working

DS undertook to investigate all these problems and take appropriate action.

It was agreed that any faults identified should be reported immediately to DS. The committee to decide at a future meeting what should happen if DS was away or unavailable. DS to add to agenda

 

 

 

 

DS

 

 

DS

8

Security

There had been several instances when windows had been left open and lights switched on after the hall had been used. The committee agreed that it was the job of the responsible person i.e. the person who completes the register to ensure the hall is secure before leaving and locking up.

 

All

9

Grand Opening Update

  • AB reported he had just received final proofs of tickets, posters and programmes from Tim Horrocks (TH). AB to discuss further with DS and to circulate electronic copies of material once it had been finalised.
  • DS reported that VIP invites had been sent out at the end of June, most had now replied, some were coming, but most not.
  • The band and the entertainer had been booked
  • BC reported drinks had been purchased
  • DS to purchase IPad and IPod
  • AB reported TH had offered to back the posters with special material meaning posters can be stuck to the walls but will not mark the surface.

 

 

AB

 

 

10

Programme of events

September
12th     Grand Opening
25th     Macmillan coffee morning
27th     Harvest festival
October
3rd       Quiz night
15th     Talk on RNLI
November
3rd       Talk on medical detection dogs
14th  - Dracula (Village Ventures)
December
1st        Talk – Introduction to Classical Music
13th     Carol service
2016
February
19th   Children’s show (Village Ventures)
March
11th   Musical evening (Village Ventures)

Committee members were encouraged to continue the process of implementing the other planned activities

 

 

 

 

11

AOB

  • AT reported she was organizing a walk to raise money for Alzheimer’s. The hall was offered as a rest point/toilet stop for the walkers
  • JK asked the committee to look at the on-line booking form and let her have comments including platforms used.
  • DS reported a pressure reducer had been installed to help with the problem of water leaks.
  • AB reported that a valuer had been to value the property for rates and had been given DS’s name to be put on the official documentation.
  • JB reported that there was an urgent need for cutlery and it was agreed to start with 10 sets and purchase more as funds allowed. DS to research
  • DS reported that Robin Threlfall from Kersall had been renovating the memorial stone.
  • DS had obtained a quote of £35 per quarter for window cleaning. However SC said she was happy to continue cleaning all the windows she can reach. AB volunteered to clean those at a higher level.
  • DS stated that the DC enforcement officer had been sent all relevant information following receipt of another complaint from a Maplebeck resident.
  • BC to contact Tom Chamberlain concerning correspondence about U3A received by DS
  • AB volunteered to refurbish the small card tables used at the fete, currently stored at the Knight-Jones’. AT offered storage space if this was needed in the future
  • JK pointed out that the hedge at the side of the hall needs cutting. DS and BC to cut before the grand opening.
  • Fridge temperatures – following the discussion at the last meeting JG had prepared guidance and a log. However DS did not consider it necessary to leave the fridge on all the time and it was decided that the responsible person should turn the fridge on the night before a hall booking if this facility was required.
  • AT reported that she had a first aid in the workplace certificate and a food hygiene certificate.

 

 

 

 

All

 

 

 

DS

 

 

 

 

 

BC

 

 

DS/BC

 

12

Next Meeting:-

7.30pm - 25 August 2015 in the village hall

 

 

J Bladon
Posted 5th August 2105

  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018