in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

Village Hall in Maplebeck Management Committee (“VHC”)

Minutes of Meeting
Beehive Public House Maplebeck
17 March 2015

Present:   Derek Sayer; (DS) Allen Bladon; (AB) Bob Gardner; (BG) Brendon Carson; (BC) Sue Carson (SC); Tom Chamberlain; (TC) Jane Kinnear; (JK) Julie Grundy; (JG) Jenny Bladon; (JB) (minutes)

Apologies:   None – full attendance

The meeting started with a site visit to the new hall; DS showed the committee around and answered questions. DS has produced a list of jobs by trade still to be completed before the hall can open and this was shown to the committee. DS reported that there has been an objection to the balustrade, which has now been erected on the outside ramp. DS confirmed that the changes from the original planning drawings had been formally agreed with planning in April 2013 and were regarded as Not Material. DS is in discussion with the party concerned in the hope of reaching an amicable understanding.

 

 

Action

1.

Minutes of the Meeting on 16 Feb 2015:-

The minutes were approved as circulated.

 

2.

Matters Arising:-

  • TC has had no response from Kirklington School, will keep trying
  • BG reported that the independent review of the accounts is expected shortly
  • BG to contact Sarah, who lives at Winkburn, as it was agreed to be appropriate to have a representative from that village on the committee. If she is unable/unwilling to join the vacancy will be opened up to the other villages.

TC

 

BG

 

3.

Treasurers report:-

Village Hall Accounts – BG had circulated a report summarising the movements on the Current Account, Savings Account and Project Account from 12 Feb 2015 to 15 Mar 2015, details of receipts and details of expenditure. It was noted that:-

  • Balance on the bank accounts at 15 Mar 2015 were
    • Current £172.44
    • Deposit £0.03
    • Project £19,885.29
  • During the past month the principal movements were:-
    • Current account –Expenditure £150 - payment of rent and membership of NAVACH
    • Project Account – receipts £21,260 including sale of the surplus paviors, a loan and a donation and £3,000 from BIG Awards for All (for promotional support);  payments £10,070.59 to Combellack for building work and £3,000 for promotional materials

Money remains tight as the end of the project approaches. We are awaiting the outcome of two bids from potential funders and on completion we can apply for the final 5% from BIG lottery.

 

4

Building Development:-

  • DS had obtained material colour samples from the chair suppliers. It was recommended that we should end up with 50% existing Blue (cobalt) and 50% green (caspian). This was supported by the committee.

 

DS

 

5

 

 

 

 

 

First six months activity programme

  • JB circulated suggestions for items to be kept in hall archive – approved by committee.
  • DS and BC to attend Village Venture presentation on 30 March
  • BC reported diary of events was still in early stages because of uncertainty over date of opening. DS stressed the importance of having the programme ready for the official opening.
  • DS confirmed that the hall can be used once building control certificate has been issued even if the official opening has not taken place.
  • DS had met Sue Hopcroft about use of the hall by children and families with young children. She is enthusiastic and agreed to talk to others to establish the type of activities that would be supported. She will also work on a short performance by local children for the grand opening event.

 

 

DS/BC

6.

AOB

  • DS had circulated a list of answers to questions the committee might be asked at the opening. Everyone was happy that these covered most eventualities. DS stated that after consultations with Mark Combellack (question 12) we could state that he had done all the work at cost. Q 22 would be added “Who is the architect? A. Marsh Grochowski based in the Lace Market in Nottingham. We have mainly worked with Suzy Hunt. They were chosen from 6 contenders at the start of the project in a beauty parade”.
  • It was agreed that we should have flyers to give out at the opening containing details of charges and who to contact to hire the hall. JK volunteered to help with production and SC to distribute on the day.
  • It was agreed that before the opening we need to know what any deficit in funding was and how we should best bring this to peoples’ attention. We would also make available the sponsorship list.
  • AB confirmed he had spoken to JHCS Newark about superfast broadband. – At present broadband not available in Maplebeck or the lower end of Kersall. Cost to install a transmitter is £5,000 or free if 20 people subscribe. Solution may be available via an aerial being installed at Kneesall. AB to report again at next meeting.
  • JK reported that she had placed all the school holiday dates for 2015 on the website calendar.
  • JK highlighted a cutting from the “Bramley” in which an architect received publicity for working on an environmental project. It was suggested we could do the same. DS to consider
  • BC intends holding the PCC AGM in May in the Village Hall. The election of the Village Hall committee will take place at this meeting. TC signalled his intention to resign as he was leaving the village, which leaves two vacancies to be filled at this time.
  • Likely date for Village Fete is 27 June; JK to confirm with Eve Knight Jones

 

 

 

DS

 

 

 

 

 

AB

 

DS

 

 

SC

8.

Next Meeting:- Date of next meeting 20 April 2015
7:30pm The Beehive

J Bladon 19/03/15

 


 

Posted 20th March 2015

  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018