in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

  Maplebeck Village Hall Management Committee (“VHC”)

Minutes of Meeting
The Village Hall Maplebeck
20 July 2017

Present:   Derek Sayer (DS) (chair); Andy Colclough (AC); Des Cashell (DC); Jenny Bladon (JB) (minutes)
1.  Apologies:   Julie Grundy (JG); Brendan Carson; (BC); Bob Gardner; (BG);

2.

 

Minutes of the Meeting on 22 May 2017:-

The minutes were approved as circulated

Action

 

3.

Matters Arising:-

DS has identified a suitable noise monitor: the committee endorsed his decision to purchase at about £40.

The spring clean took place on 12 June – all tasks completed (inside and out) thanks to all who participated

 

 

DS

 

4.

Treasurers report:-

Receipts since the last meeting include income from the successful village fete.  50% of this total to be paid to St Radegund’s Church

 

 

 

5

Faults Actions

Schedule produced by DS and presented to the meeting.

 

 

6

Events Review

Village Ventures - We were successful in obtaining our first choice for the children’s event and third choice for the adult event.  Unfortunately the adult event clashed with the date proposed for the wine tasting which has now been postponed until the New Year.

The new season’s film titles will be announced once regular attendees have expressed their preferences.

AC volunteered to produce tickets for forthcoming events. DS to provide necessary information

AC to organise food for musical evening with Kick and Rush

Bat talk took place on 15 July. BG recommended that a donation of approx. £25 was made in an appropriate manner to the Nottinghamshire bat group. Approved by the committee

The Kurling sessions continued to go well. JB asked for approval to buy a different target at a cost of £25 plus VAT this was approved

Children’s fun day on 22 July - It has been decided to move several activities including the bouncy castle into the hall because of possible inclement weather. DS to provide mats for doorway

Following the success of the LOOK evening on 25 May Trish Fergusson will be holding a further event in November and will be giving a talk on printing in September.

DS to send letter of thanks to Eve Knight Jones for use of garden for Village fete

 

 

DC

 

 

AC/DS

AC

 

BG

 

JB

 

DS

 

 

DS

6 (cont.)

Programme of special events

July
12th – Kurling Klub
18th – Film
22nd – Children’s fun day – Village Green

August
9th – Kurling Klub

September
13th – Kurling Klub
14th – Talk – The Art of Printing
23rd – Kick and Rush (musical evening)
26th - Film

October
1st  - Children’s film
11th – Kurling Klub
12th – Gardners’ question time
28th – Village Ventures production – Team Viking

November
2nd - Film
8th – Kurling Klub
9th – LOOK at contemporary art
26th – Children’s film

December
3rd – Children’s puppet show – Wind in the Willows
7th - Film
13th – Kurling Klub

2018

January

20th - Burns Night Ceilidh

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

AOB

  • Hall cleaning rota – everyone expressed satisfaction with current arrangements. Group organisers to continue to take lead for clearing up after holding events.
  • We have received an invitation to the grand opening of Edingley Village Hall on 15 Sept. in recognition of the help given to them by DS. Volunteer required to attend in absence of DS
  • DS reported that number of uses of the hall and user visits were both up for the first six months of the year compared to previous years. Our current targets / outcomes to be reviewed at the next meeting
  • We are currently members of NAVACH but falling membership has led to a proposal to close the Group. RCAN can provide a reduced service to halls. The committee endorsed this decision. DS to attend an extraordinary meeting on 17 August to convey our decision to the meeting

 

All

 

All

 

 

 

 

DS

8

Next Meeting
 
Tuesday 22 August – 8pm in the village hall

 

Posted 28th July 2017


  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018