in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

  Maplebeck Village Hall Management Committee (“VHC”)

 

Minutes of Meeting
The Village Hall Maplebeck
22 May 2017

Present:   Derek Sayer (DS) (chair); Brendan Carson; (BC); Andy Colclough (AC); Bob Gardner; (BG); Des Cashell (DC); Jenny Bladon (JB) (minutes)
1.      Apologies:   Julie Grundy (JG);

 

 

Action

2.

Election of VHC Officers
Having been re-elected at the recent PCC meeting, the committee all confirmed they were content with their areas of responsibility. The role of vice chair remains vacant.

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Meeting on 27 March 2017:-

The minutes were approved as circulated with a small amendment to Item 4 – treasurers report:
Sentence 5 should read “Transactions since the last meeting show……”

 

 

 

4.

Matters Arising:-

The committee were encouraged to visit our Facebook page and “like” it in an attempt to stimulate more activity on the page.

DS still investigating noise monitors

 

All

 

DS

5.

Treasurers report:-

Receipts since the last meeting include income from the successful quiz night and payment for three parties. In the same period the main expenditure has been for licences for the hall.

 

 

 

6

Faults Actions

Schedule produced by DS and presented to the meeting.

 

 

7

Events Review

DS has submitted bids for three adult and three children’s events to Village Ventures.

DC hoping to arrange wine tasting event in September

Gardeners Question Time event now booked for 12 October. AC to design posters etc. Cost will be £164

Burns night ceilidh booked for 20 Jan. 2018

Bat talk to take place on 15 July. Likely to start with a BBQ followed by talk then walk around the village. Attendance will be by ticket (£5 and free for children) For the BBQ we will supply burgers/sausages and salads. Attendees to bring own drinks. BG to continue to liaise with speaker

The Kurling taster sessions had gone well and it was now planned to hold a Kurling “Klub” on the 2nd Weds of each month at 7.30. with occasional Friday evenings to be arranged for those who could not make Wednesdays.  JB to organize publicity

JB reported that following discussion with the committee via email she had cancelled the talk on farriery due to take place in June. Attendance at some talks had been disappointing but reached a nadir when only 3 people attended the talk by the Notts and Lincs air ambulance service. Talks by local people appeared more popular so it was agreed not to have a formal programme of talks but to arrange an “event” if we heard of something with local interest that might appeal to the villagers. The committee were asked to be alert for suitable topics

There is to be a children’s fun day on the green from 1pm on 22 July. DC and BC to organize. DC confirmed that insurance cover was included in the hire of the bouncy castle.
DS is in the process of organizing the new season’s film programme. He will circulate a list of films available to regular attendees who will be able to vote for those films they would like to see.
Trish Horrox has organized an art LOOK evening on 25 May and if successful this could become a regular event.

 

 

 

 

AC

 

 

BG

 

 

 

JB

 

 

 

 

 

All

7 (cont.)

Programme of special events

 

June
4th – Children’s film
8th – Election day
14th – Kurling Klub
20th – Film

July
12th – Kurling Klub
18th – Film
22nd – Children’s fun day – Village Green

August
9th – Kurling Klub

September
13th – Kurling Klub
23rd – Kick and Rush (musical evening)

October
11th – Kurling Klub
12th – Gardner’s question time

November
8th – Kurling Klub

December
13th – Kurling Klub

2018

January

20th - Burns Night Ceilidh

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8

AOB

  • The hall needs a Spring Clean. A working party of volunteers was formed to tackle outside jobs such as washing paintwork and glazing
  • The erection of a noticeboard on the outside wall was discussed.

 

 

 

 

9

Next Meeting
 
Thursday 20th July – 8pm in the village hall

 


  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018