in rural Nottinghamshire  
spacer
 
   

The Village Hall Management Committee (“VHC”)

 

Minutes of Meeting
The Village Hall in Maplebeck
14 May 2018

Present: Derek Sayer (DS) (chair); Brendan Carson; (BC); Andy Colclough (AC); Bob Gardner; (BG); Julie Grundy (JG): Mark Wagstaff (MW) [present until 8pm]: Jenny Bladon (JB) (minutes)

 

 

Action

1.
.

Apologies
 None - full attendance

 

2.

Minutes of meetings dated 19 February and 30 April

Both sets of minutes approved as circulated

 

 

3.

Matters Arising

Electronic payments system used by Clubbercise appears to be working smoothly

Window cleaner still to be contacted

 

 

BG

4.

Treasurers Report

It had previously been agreed that reports would be presented quarterly with the next report being due at the June meeting

 

5.

Building Actions

DS presented an update of actions required and completed. The only outstanding item is the replacement of the step edging. DS has obtained black tape to complete this task

 

 

DS

6.

Recent Events Review

The jazz night was considered a great success. Good feedback was received from attendees, who were mainly from out of the village.Small profit made
The wedding reception had highlighted the need for protectors for light sockets, DS to obtain. The car parking facility at the workshops was used for the first time,  space for approx 20 cars.

 

 

 

DS

7.

Future Events
Several items were discussed including a country music event. DS to approach contacts within the music scene to identify a suitable act. Everyone was asked to be on the lookout for possible performers.
We anticipate hearing about our bid to Village Ventures in June. Once we have this information it will be possible to firm up other events such as a race night. JB to organise once a date has been agreed
DS to approach Rachel to see whether she would DJ at a New Years Eve party. BC to provide telephone number
BG to explore board game theme event.
Alternative therapy sessions were discussed;  BG to ask yoga tutor for advice about feasibility and availability of possible practitioners

 

DS/All

 

 

BC/DS

BG

BG

Agreed Programme of special events

May
22nd - Film

June
5th - Book Club
13th - Kurling
16th - Village Fete
26th  - Film

July
10th - Book Club
11th - Kurling
31st - Film

September
4th - Book Club
12th - Kurling
25th - Film

October
10th - Kurling
23rd - Film

November
14th - Kurling
27th - Film

 

8.

  1. D.P.R.

A report summarising our responsibilities under the new regulations was presented by BG. 

 

 

9.

VH Website

AC stated PC was aiming to have the website up and running by September.

 

 

10.

Hire Rates

It was agreed to retain the current rates at £10 ph for villagers and £15ph for others
Reception rates to be £250 for villagers and £350 for others.
These amended details to be placed on website/Facebook etc.

 

 

DS

11

Review of Targets
DS presented a report showing the outcomes, actions and indicators of the village hall business plan 2015 -2017.

 

12

AOB

Spring clean to take place from 9am on 2 June

Volunteers were required to obtain food hygiene certificates. JG/JB agreed to undergo training. BG agreed to reimburse costs

MW to replace BC as fire regulation officer

It was agreed that BC should continue to hold keys for the hall

List of duties currently undertaken by BC to be drawn up and volunteers asked to take over

 

All

 

JG/JB

 

MW

 

DS

13.

Date of next meeting

Tuesday 19 June 2018 at 7.30pm in the village hall.

 

Posted 25 May 2018

  spacer  
Top Website B-Right Net © 2010-2018